Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Homebody

It's incredible how much different my life is this month than the last.
November and December were spent socializing, going out, travelling, filling all spare time with fun and late nights. Not a single Friday or Saturday night was spent at home.

Then came January. I crave home. I crave my bed. I crave alone time. I go to bed early (I start thinking about it at around 9 some nights), work on my creative pursuits, read (I can't recall the last period of time I regularly read for pleasure), get up at 6 to exercise before work. I'm trying to treat myself well and make the most of each day, without staying out all night, and sleeping through anything that resembles daylight (unbelievably depressing!).

I have to say, it feels pretty nice. Balanced with a weekly meal at a friends place, or having a dinner party at my place, this isn't a bad way to live. But I do feel like I'll never have the energy or desire to go out and meet new people, go out to a bar, dance my booty off, or stay out far too late ever again.

My friend Daniel said that everyone gets this way in January, as he pushed some Vitamin D on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment